What We Believe
We are a Christian Fellowship because we believe those who trust in Jesus Christ are called to participate in a personal relationship with him that advances his world-wide church. We serve our community in love and remember we are part of one family, one body. Our fellowship is grace-based, conservative, protestant and evangelical. We focus on serving our communities and church and growing in Christ.
- We believe you do not have to understand everything to have a living and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We hold to the Bible for our understanding of faith.
- We Believe there is only one God. He is eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Each is distinct from the Other, and yet fully God.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God the Son, and the character and nature of God revealed to humanity. Believers are called to be obedient to Him and pattern their walk after Him. We believe in Jesus deity, sinless life, miracles, atoning death of Calvary and bodily resurrection. We believe He is at the right hand of the Father interceding on behalf of all believers. He is our High Priest and Advocate and He will return to this earth in power and glory at an unknown date. Because we believe He Is Our Savior, we live to know and please him as Lord.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit of God and believe He inhabits all who are saved. He is our teacher, comforter and counsels and convicts us regarding sin. He directs us to be obedient and helps us conform to the image of Jesus.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. We teach the Bible each week in a book by book fashion. We preach what was written and do not put our spin on it to meet social or cultural desires. Other than the Bible, we follow no doctrines or creeds of any church.
- We believe that all people must be saved, through faith in shed blood and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We believe Jesus died for our sins according to the Scripture as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are redeemed and justified on the grounds of His shed blood. Believers are also given new Spiritual life through his bodily resurrection.
- We believe that salvation is a free gift, by grace, through faith, in Jesus Christ. Salvation is not attained by our own works and cannot exist apart from faith. We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- We believe in the threefold work of the Holy Spirit: that He seeks out and brings the lost to salvation; that He sanctifies the believer; and that He baptizes the believer into the body of Christ, giving spiritual gifts to the Christian for service. We believe the continuance of gifts as found in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11.
- We believe that God utilizes ALL the spiritual gifts as given in Scripture, in accordance with His perfect will. We believe each Christian is given both general gifts and specific gifts. Each believer is unique unto the Lord, and each is uniquely gifted. It is our job as believers to discover our gifts and use them scripturally in our service both to God and to each other. We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life. We believe that the filling of the Holy Spirit is a baptism of power and is given to all believers who ask for it. The primary, initial characteristic of the filling of the Holy Spirit is a release of LOVE in and through the life of the believer. Other signs may accompany this, but Love is the essential one.
- We believe in bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost along with Satan and his fallen angels.
- We believe in spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ as the physical manifestation of His body in our world today.
- We believe in the rapture of the church at Christ’s coming in the air.
- We believe man was created in the image of God, that man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death (separation from God) and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
- We believe in the redemptive work of Christ. Jesus provides spiritual healing for all who believe and submit to him. He leads us in holiness to conform to His own image in accordance with God’s perfect will.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit as our Comforter, Teacher and guarantee of our inheritance. He guides us, empowers us, and convicts us of sin and need for faithfulness.
- We believe in a literal devil and his host of fallen angels, and that he is at work in the world today. We believe Satan is a created being, and as such he is limited in presence and power.
- We believe Christians walk in the victory that is provided by Jesus Christ on the cross. We believe that Satan has no power over true believers. He can affect his confusion on Christians only as permitted by God, through which we are to be tested and found true, and by which we are to grow in faith and wisdom, to the praise and glory of our LORD.
- We believe that God is worthy of all praise, reverence, and love; and that the highest calling of a Christian is to know and love Him, resulting in a lifestyle of worship.
- We believe in evangelism. We participate and support evangelistic outreach ministries in communities all over the world. Faithful believers will be fruitful resulting in personal growth leading to evangelism of others.
- We believe in biblical Marriage: Marriage has been ordained by God and is the exclusive covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with the biblical definition marriage.
- We believe all Christians are new creations, our old nature was crucified on the cross with Christ as such we seek to put to death what is earthly and carnal in us. We submit to God’s will for all lifestyles and activities including sexuality to be conformed to the pattern revealed in the Bible. All are welcome to attend our fellowship and only those who consistently strive to adopt a biblical lifestyle are utilized in leadership positions.
- We follow biblical ordinances, of baptism, and communion (The Lord’s Supper).